Coast to Country Events
|Posted on September 24, 2019 at 2:55 PM||comments (31)|
Let's face it, I. LOVE. CAKE! Tall, short, buttercream, whipped, naked, flowers, upside down-I love it all. The sweet spongy goodness goes straight to my soul and sings lullabies to my inner being.
Many brides choose to go with a traditional type of wedding cake but every so often we have one that steps outside of what most view as "normal." Recently, one of our brides broke tradition and went with a sheet cake. Let me be the first to tell you that it was one of my all time favorites!
I am going to do my best to describe this devine cake to you although I am certain I will not give it the justice it deserves. In fact, let me snag a snippet from the Whole Foods website: Fresh berries. Vanilla cake soaked in rasberry simple syrup. Chantilly cream icing made with whipped mascarpone. I mean seriously, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Heaven on earth.
Not only was this cake delicious but it was BEAUTIFUL too! It was covered in berries from corner to corner with berries in the middle and topped with soft powdered sugar.
When most people think of a wedding cake, a sheet cake is not something that comes to mind. This just goes to show you that you should never be afraid to step out of the lines a little. This cake certainly didn't disappoint. The bride also ordered an 8 inch round cake to cut with her new husband. This cake was also a berry chantilly topped with fresh berries.
This berry chantilly cake was made by, and purchased from, Whole Foods on Laskin Rd. in Virginia Beach. you can read more about it here: https/www.wholefoodsmarket.com/blog/berry-chantilly-cake
I HIGHLY recommend this cake for ANY event; Weddings, birthdays, binge eating, the apocolypse...doesn't matter. Get the cake! You will not be dissapointed!
|Posted on April 14, 2015 at 8:45 PM|
There are a number of reasons why you should hire an Event Planner but the biggest reason is, we save you money.
Many people who are planning an event think, "I can save money by planning it myself." Initially, it may seem that way but when you really start planning your event you begin to ask yourself questions; Do I know any good caterers? Are they providing a competitive price? Decor? Do these colors even match? What am I missing? How much do I need? Where are we going to host this event? How much time is this going to take me? I could go on and on. By the time you even get started thinking about all of that, you are completely stressed out and lose site of that fun event that you were about to plan.
According to the Big Buzz Idea Group, people commonly think that Event Planners are going to be expensive. But the reality is that planners know the tips, tricks and contacts that could save you time and money in the long run without sacrificing the quality of your event.
Here are five reasons to hire an Event Planner:
- We save you money – Event Planners have relationships with a variety of vendors and suppliers and we receive discounted rates that we can pass along to our clients.
- We save you time – Planners are able to organize and execute your event in less time than you ever could-it's what we do! By allowing a planner to do all the work, you can focus on other things that are important to you.
- We have extensive knowledge and experience – Event Planners know the latest colors and current trends, which local venues will work for your event, and ways to cut costs because of their extensive planning knowledge.
- You can capitalize on our contacts and Resources – A Planner’s contact list is a gold mine. From lighting to décor to power and more, all the right contacts are at our fingertips. No more web-searching required when they can speed-dial the best canopy vendor to serve your location, or obtain a liquor application for a city park. Put their contact list to work for you!
- We provide stress-free troubleshooting – Despite all the planning, preparation and management, almost every event inevitably encounters an unforeseen hiccup. You don’t want guests aware of this snag and you certainly don’t want to appear panicked….This is when you need a Planner at your side because they know who to call and how to remedy a situation quickly. Whether it’s a missing limo or a fallen wedding gown hem, your Planner can secure the resources necessary to resolve an issue seamlessly and keep the event on track.
At the end of the day, the right planner will serve as an extension of you. They do all the “heavy-lifting” so that you can be a guest at your party or outing and provide you the opportunity to network effectively to make a favorable impression that will long be remembered by your guests.
So, save the time, save the money and hire an Event Planner!
Peace, love and planning!
Exerpts taken from: Big Buzz Idea Group
5 Reasons to Hire an Event Planner for Your Next Event, January 18th, 2011